“Our Sacred Earth” Meditation Dance
Shared by Julian Briggs
I’m keen to share the powerful “Our Sacred Earth” Meditation Dance as a way of celebrating our deep, joyful connection to the Earth and strengthening our commitment to taking care of her.
I feel it fits particularly well with the DANCE values by deepening felt connection to our inner lives, community and our beautiful planet. I see it complementing other (informational, rational) approaches to climate change and sustainability by engaging body and feeling.
The meditation “Our Sacred Earth” is a dance meditation with a similar sequence to 5 Rhythms, 10 tracks, alternating dancing and shaking, followed by witnessing (sitting like a Buddha), guided relaxation and finally milling and meeting (see guidance notes below).
The energetic modern dance music blends with sounds of nature and a voice-over inviting us to celebrate our deep, joyful connection to the Earth and our commitment to taking care of her.
- Hear samples on Amazon
Or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll share the full tracks on a sample basis
- View (poor quality) video clips on Vimeo
1. 00:95 clip runs from 00:25 to 2:00
2. 11:30 clip from 17:50 to 29:00
Opening Voice-over: If our Mother Earth was able to speak, she would say I have given you everything … to fulfil your dreams, your desires, your wishes. Even the possibility to declare your own destiny… and all I ask is that you take care of me and everything I have created for you.
Our Sacred Earth Meditation (63:19) Stages:
- Destiny: Dancing, let your body move to the music (7:08)
- Way of Masters: Shaking, let your whole body shake. Focus on shaking your wrists (releases stored toxins in body). Relax on your out breath (7:07)
- No Boundary: Dancing (7:38)
- Ho Ka Hey: Shaking, increase intensity of your shaking (7:06)
- Vertical Force: Dancing (7:30)
- Mother Earth: Shaking as fully as you can. On out breath express your feelings (negative or positive) with a sound. Build up the energy as the shaking develops (6:51)
- Silent Earth: Sit like a Buddha in silence, listen to the music and look, listen, feel inside (3:03)
- Osho: Lie on your back, spread your arms & legs, close your eyes. Connect with the earth and listen to Osho (3:39)
- New Dawn: Meet with a gentle High Five, each say: “I promise to take care of our earth” then hug (5:07)
- Witness on Earth: Meet, hold hands, say: “This earth does not belong to us, we belong to this earth” then hug (8:30)